Thursday, January 3, 2013

Umm, hello? Is anyone out there? Remember me?

Umm, hello? Is anyone out there? Remember me?

It's crazy how life gets away from you and you don't have time to write it all down...

So, for those of you that are still reading... hello again! Welcome back. (To me, I mean...)

It's 2013, so the Mayans were wrong (again). 2013. Wow. It's almost unbelievable how quickly time passes once you hit adulthood.

2012 was an interesting year. I did quite a bit of casual dating--it was awful. I even tried, wait for it....online dating. Please, hold your gasps. I know, I know. But, I read some statistic somewhere that said something along the lines of "half of all marriages begin online." Yeah, sure they do. After a bottle couple bottles of wine I let my friend Stefanie convince me that it was worth a shot. So, thus began my search for my online husband... ha ha ha. Let's just say that I couldn't wait for my 3-month subscription to end.

After the heartbreak of losing out on my dream house, I was at a crossroads as to whether to continue to look for a home or to rent for a bit. In February, I moved in to my very own apartment. For the first time in my life I was living alone...and I. LOVED. IT. Holy cow, I loved it so much. I bought all new furniture, decorated exactly how I wanted, and worked every morning to keep it spotless. It's hard to believe I have lived here almost a year. And, in big news... I'm staying another year. I went back and forth about starting to look for another home, but I decided to wait. I haven't lived in one place for consecutive years since I lived in the sorority house from 2005-07. WAIT! Hold the phone! I wasn't living alone... I do have a roommate--a 4-legged one! My sweet Bayla D'Lane got to move in with me. Seeing as how I have been working from home since December of 2011, my oh-so-needy angel loves living with me. She gets all mom, all the time.

So, that's the update on my personal life and my living situation. That's about all I have to report for 2012.

Kidding. Kind of. There are several points in 2012 I'd like to forget, so we'll skip over those.

So, on to 2013. A fresh start. A new year. This year two of my best friends are getting married and I'm honored that I will be by their sides when they say, "I do." I hope to finally be done with Grad School this year. I hope to travel more. I hope to continue on my journey to be healthier and happier. No resolutions necessary this year.

Love & be loved.
Waldie

No comments:

Post a Comment