Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pajamas at 5:30

On Sunday night I was playing volleyball, like I usually do. I dove for a ball, like I usually do. And when I got up, I said, "it's ok, I didn't need that hip anyway..." Again, like I usually do; however, this time was different. When I woke up on Monday morning I was suffering with severe back pain. Luckily there is a chiropractor that frequently offers his services to those of us that work for Children @ Heart. I called him up and said that I would like to come for a visit. I went Tuesday afternoon and he did an initial exam. He requested I come back yesterday morning at 8am for my initial adjustment. He also requested I come back tonight at 6:15pm to review my x-rays and discuss my plan for care. I'm too young for this!

But, I used this temporary injury to my advantage last night. I skipped yoga and I got home from work around 5:30pm and immediately put on my pj's and got in bed! I stayed there all evening and it was glorious! I watched the movie Up in the Air, which I highly recommend. I enjoyed ABC Comedy Wednesday with The Middle, Modern Family, Cougar Town, and the final episode of Ugly Betty. I also watched Chelsea Handler on Chelsea Lately. I am so excited that tomorrow night at 8pm I will be seeing her in person with my wonderful friend Erin.

All-in-all I woke up feeling quite rested. Now if I can just get rid of this pesky back problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment