Here it is, the recipe that's was promised....
2 bags of broccoli slaw
1 small bunch of green onions
2 packages of Ramen noodles; one Oriental, one Chicken
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4-1/2 cup sugar
1/2 canola or vegetable oil
1-2 tablespoons soy sauce (this is optional and can be varied depending on preference)
sunflower seeds (shelled)
Side Note: There are no measurements for the sunflower seeds or almonds because in my opinion, the more the merrier! I use about a cup of almonds and about 3/4 cup of the sunflowers seeds, but again, the more the merrier!
1. In a small skillet, roast the almonds and the sunflower seeds. Be very careful not to make One Hot Mess when you are doing this! (Hint: Click the link to read the blog post where I have a roasting fiasco.) Set them aside to cool.
2. In a Ziplock baggie, crush up the Ramen noodles and reserve the flavor packets for the dressing.
3. In a jar or salad dressing container, combine vinegar, oil, sugar, both Ramen seasoning packets, and soy sauce. Shake until mixed.
4. Chop just the white part of the green onions. Reserve the green end for another use.
5. In a large bowl, combine broccoli slaw and chopped onions.
6. Just before serving, add dressing, almonds, sunflower seeds, and Ramen. Toss and serve!