Sunday, July 31, 2011

Too Cute/Fur Babies

After four days in Las Vegas celebrating a bachelor/bachelorette party for our friends, the Future Caseys, I was happy to be back in Austin last night. Before drifting off to sleep, I discovered Too Cute! Kittens on Animal Planet. It is a documentary that follows three kitten litters. "From unsteady first steps to daring kitty pounces, the first 8 weeks of their lives will be an epic journey for these adventurous Abyssinians, brash Bengals and perfect Persians."

I was so moved by the momma cats and how they took care of their little ones. At one point, the runt of one of the litters, "Tiny Dancer," is crying because she can't yet see or hear, and cannot find her mommy. But momma cat reaches over and puts her paw on baby's back to comfort her. It was just incredible to see how wonderful mother nature works.


As I type this, my own four-legged fur babies are flanking my legs. Talullah Belle on my left, Bayla D'Lane on my right, both snoozing away, happy to have "Mom" home from vacation.



I didn't give birth to them, but they are my babies just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment