Tuesday, August 2, 2011

"Team Bride" Tank Tops

This past Wed-Sat, I was in Sin City celebrating a Bachelor/Bachelorette party with The Future Caseys. We had a great time, but by day #4, everyone was ready to be home.

Before we went, I had the great idea of making matching shirts for the girls. I did some googling and came up with the idea to make "Team Bride" tanks.

Originally, I purchased some glitter iron-on transfer paper. It used my Cricut to cut out the letters and I was in love...

...until I went to peel the plastic off the front of the letters and the glitter came with it. I was furious.

So, Plan "B" was to iron no-sew backing on to fabric, then use the Cricut to cut out the letters. My first attempt was a huge FAIL. My mat wasn't sticky enough, my Cricut settings were off a little, and the letters would not cut out properly. I was just about to give up, but then I googled "cutting fabric with a Cricut" one more time.

I found a few great tips, recommended settings, and I was again renewed. On to Plan "C."

After a few trips to the fabric store, a new blade and sticky mat, and some hand-sewn flowers...

Viola!






And, of course, the Bride-to-Be needed a personalized sash!



Congratulations to The Future Mr & Mrs. Casey! Can't wait to be a part of your special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment