Thursday, September 16, 2010

Race for the Cure 5K

I promised to write about something with a bit more depth than shopping, traveling, or TLM--so here it is!
This year I am running the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5K in Austin on November 7th. That's right, you heard correctly. Lauren is running. I'm doing it mostly to support Blake who lost his Mom to breast cancer a few years ago. I also love any excuse to wear a ridiculous amount of pink. What I don't love is running. I have started a nine week training program but I almost feel silly that I have to train to run just over 3 miles. But, I have never been a runner. I don't claim to have any running talent. It does not come naturally to me, so therefore I decided I wanted to prepare my body rather than surprise it come race day. I could almost hear my legs now, "Lauren! Are you OUT OF YOUR MIND?!" The program is fairly simple. It's called the Couch-to-5K Training Program. I am on week one, workout three. It gets easier each time I do it. I am hoping that come race day I can enjoy the run without  sucking wind three steps in.
To donate or join the team, please click here.

1 comment: