Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Calorie-counting Snack Time

I have recently started to keep track of how many calories I eat each day (thanks to Blake AND my Android phone's "Calorie Counter" App). It really puts things in to perspective...unfortunately.

On a rare food binge, Blake and I discovered that each yummy, flaky, delicious Red Lobster cheese biscuit contains 150 calories. (Our waitress tried to tell us it was 400, but the calorie counting app begs to differ.) Ugh--especially after eating one and a half of them... SO. Not. Worth. It.

Any way...the app takes all of the fun out of eating. Before I eat anything now I think to myself, "Am I going to feel ok about putting this in to the calorie counter?" If the answer is "no" I usually don't eat it.

To brighten up this Debbie Downer post, I thought I would share a snack I recently discovered-- Genisoy Sweet Crisps. According to the Genisoy website, "Most snacks are full of bad calories (unhealthy fats, cholesterol) or empty calories (no nutritional value). Its time to expect more from your snacks! Genisoy Sweet Crisps taste great and deliver protein, with no artificial ingredients or flavors. With 300% more protein than other crisps, Genisoy Sweet Crisps will give you the mental and physical energy boost other snacks cant." The Cinnamon Streusel Sweet Crisps are d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s! And at only 90 calories per 10 crisps, they make a great afternoon snack and take care of that pesky sweet tooth.

1 comment:

  1. A) I love love LOVE your new background!! B) nice post. Don't you hate when eating becomes a chore - because the calorie counting is NO.FUN.???

    ReplyDelete