Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Thai Peanut Slaw in Wonton Cups

I am excited about this recipe because I get to use the wonton wrappers I've had for some time now and I'll have another use for the sesame oil and sesame seeds I bought to prepare the Honey Soy Chicken Wings I made for last Friday's pre-NYE bash potluck dinner!



Ingredients
18 won ton wraps
1 (12 oz) package of rainbow slaw (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and red cabbage)
1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
2 tbsp sugar1/3 cup water
1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 lime, juiced
3 green onions, green parts only, diced
1/3 cup peanuts, chopped
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Turn two (12 cup) muffin tins over and lightly spray cup bottoms with cooking spray. Spray one side of won ton with cooking spray and drape lightly (sprayed side down) over each muffin cup, molding it gently around the cup to shape it. Lightly spray the won ton cups again with cooking spray and place pan in oven. Bake for 5-6 minutes or until edges are brown. Remove and cool on wire rack before removing cups from pan.

2. In a microwave-safe bowl combine the peanut butter, sugar, water, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder and crushed red pepper flakes. Microwave on high for one minute. Stir well until smooth. Add lime juice and stir again. Set aside to cool slightly.

3. Place slaw mix into a medium size mixing bowl. Combine slaw with dressing. You may or may not need all the slaw or all the dressing depending on how "dressed" you like your salads.

4. Fill won ton cups with salad mixture. Top with green onions, peanuts and sesame seeds.

What I did differently:
1. The original recipe said to use Splenda. I'll use sugar.

2. Using the same cooking technique I used to make the chicken for the Shredded Tex-Mex Crockpot Chicken recipe, I think I am going to add chicken.

I'll be sure to update the post after I try this one!

Enjoy!

Original recipe and photo borrowed from The Other Side.

No comments:

Post a Comment