Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011, um, goal?

So I am not great at keeping New Year's resolutions, nor am I great at maintaining "non-resolution challenges."

Last year I decided that instead of calling it a "resolution," I'd call it a challenge. I'm competitive, so a challenge sounded a bit more, well, competitive. I "challenged" myself to go to the gym 100 times BEFORE purchasing another item of clothing. Well, I definitely hit the gym at least 100 times last year, and I am a few pounds lighter to prove it; however, I couldn't stop myself from shopping. The good news is that I dropped a pants size, so essentially, my plan worked. Sort of. Whatever.

Anyway, it's that time again...time to set a goal I probably won't reach. I did figure out that  I set the bar just a tad too high last time. I didn't give myself any benchmarks to celebrate my success along the way. Lesson learned.

So, without further ado, I give you:
My 2011 resolution challenge goal!
Pay off my credit card debt. ALL of it. One. Card. At. A. Time.

There are a few other things I'd like to do in 2011, but I'm not setting any concrete goals, per say.
1. Run Complete another 5K.
2. Build up my savings account. (We'll see how this one works with paying off debt...)
3. Continue my weight loss plan by eating healthy, working out, and drinking more water.
4. Read a book or two...for fun. (This might be hard with classes starting back up in just a couple weeks.)
5. Increase young alumni participation in the Austin Kappa Alumnae Association.

Well folks, there ya have it. Wish me luck!

PS I had a wonderful NYE this year. The best since Loren and I spent it on 6th Street the year we both turned 21.

Loren & I in 2006

Blake and I at the Zilker Park Clubhouse for NYE 2010








No comments:

Post a Comment