Friday, September 9, 2011

The One That Got Away

So, the other day I composed a post, then decided not to post it. I didn't want to 'jinx' it...Well, here it is:

Dare I post it? Dare I jinx it?!

I put a bid on a home. Whoa, whoa, whoa... you did WHAT?!

I wasn't {really} looking. It found me... and I fell in love. They say, "when you know, you know."

It's a DR Horton Garden Home. The Chadwick plan, to be exact...


1,496 square feet of Barbie's Lauren's Dream House perfection. It needs some work. {Hooray for DIY!}

I put the offer in on Friday evening, and I'm still waiting to hear. On pins and needles...mentally pacing.

It is with a heavy heart that I report... I did not get the house. I was heartbroken. I had seen it inside and out, several times, and I was already creating to-do and DIY lists. I was nervous but excited. It just wasn't in God's plan for me to have a house yet. It was in His plan, however, to show me that I can get a house. That I have good credit (thanks to my New Year's goals) and that I can get approved on my own. I'm a big girl, now!

So, the search will continue until I find another dream home.

No comments:

Post a Comment