Wednesday, July 21, 2010

How do you translate a childhood obsession in to an adult one?

As previously stated, I am not a "collector" of "things." I hate to dust. (I love to vacuum, but that's neither here nor there...) When I was a little girl (so, like, last week...) I did , however, collect glass seals and sea lions. Yep, you read it right, no need to re-read...seals and sea lions. They sat on a brown bunny shaped shelf that my grandfather made me and each time I got an opportunity to add one to my collection, I would. I have always had a love of all things "sea." As a matter of fact, my all-time favorite Disney movie to this day is The Little Mermaid. L-O-V-E it. My dream as a child was to own an aquarium with a little seahorse I could call my own. My idol was Jacques Cousteau. Weirded out yet? It gets better...    

Now that I am an "adult" I have to find other ways to fill my obsession. I am only a teensy bit embarrassed to admit that I own about 3 shirts with some form of seahorse on them. (My coworkers are convinced that instead of screen-printed cats on my old lady sweatshirts, I will have seahorses...) Recently I purchased a pillow from Anthropologie that has a beautiful nautical theme and an even more perfect seahorse print. It sits proudly on my bed now and it was totally worth the ridiculous price I paid for it...


Anyway, I'm rambling. The point of this post is this: I ordered new stationery yesterday.
I  cannot wait to use it. It is being custom printed by http://www.katlemdesigns.com/. I highly recommend them. They do all sorts of custom printing and invitations and they are wonderful to work with! You can go to their website or you can find them on etsy.com. (Which is where I discovered them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment