Tuesday, November 2, 2010

About Me

I have been know to utter the phrase "it's ALL about me" a time or two. Normally, I am kidding. No, really. I would like to think that I am not a selfish person. Sure, we all have selfish tendencies. It's human nature. If it means anything to you, I have a philanthropic heart. If I were rich I'd quit my job and spend my time volunteering and donating to worthy causes.

I was editing my blog when I came across the "About Me" section. I always have a hard time filling this in.  I have such a hard time pinning down just who I am. Today, I decided to just go with it. I came up with this:
I'm a daughter, a sister, a friend...and I'm a Princess. I was born with a crown on my head, a tutu around my waist, and sparkles on my shoes-- and I don't think I'll ever grow out of it. Love me or hate me, you probably want to know "Where's Waldie?"

There are a few reasons I wrote this. I have had several conversations lately with both friends and family members. My question to them was: "How do you raise a child like me?" When I asked my mom, she had no reply. By "child like me" I mean this: I am the epitome of girly girl. I am 25 years old, but if it has a ruffle, a bow, a flower, or a sparkle...I'll probably buy it and wear it. If it's pink, I probably already own it. The other day a childhood friend posted on a Facebook picture of me and she said this, "Lauren, This picture reminds me of when I knew you in elementary school... I remember you always had a pink dress with a matching head band... lol! Hope you had a good birthday!" You probably remember the post about my birthday dress.

Anyway, I love that I love pink. I love that I'm a girly girl. I love that my family thinks I'm a Princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment